My Yellowstone Blog

My Yellowstone Blog

This is a collection of stories and pictures of my favorite family adventures in and around Yellowstone National Park.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cherry Pitting

On Wednesday, my friend Alison came over to hang out. We baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal cookies. They were really yummy!


On Thursday, we started to pit cherries that we ordered from Flathead Lake, MT. Last year, we learned how to make cherry pie filling with our friend, Grace Short. So this year we made it again. We also made fresh cherry pies....they were sooooo delicious!!





On Friday, we went to a customer appreciation day at Bridger Steel, the place where we got our roof (we also had to pick up some ridge caps). Famous Dave's set up the free lunch there. It was so good!



Eating Lunch.


(Bennett ate everyone's leftover pork sandwiches....he said he was still hungry afterwards!)


Preston LOVES Mountain Dew!


My free lunch. P.S. - My Dad joked that it wasn't really "free" since it included thousands of dollars worth of metal roofing!


Dad got a free Bridger Steel shirt and hat!!


No comments:

Post a Comment