My Yellowstone Blog

My Yellowstone Blog

This is a collection of stories and pictures of my favorite family adventures in and around Yellowstone National Park.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Birthday Party!

My 12th Birthday was on April 28th, so I ordered up Caramel French Toast for breakfast (that is what everybody orders on their birthday!).  It was really yummy, as always!!





This is what Matilda did while I was opening my presents (she wasn't that interested anyway ;) :


We went to Bozeman to see the movie, Soul Surfer. It was really good, plus we were the only people in the theater for the entire movie!!




After the movie was done, we walked around in the mall.......P.S. - Never take your younger siblings into a mall, it may cause damage!


We went to Fuddruckers after we were done at the mall. I love their burgers!





My Mom and Dad surprised us by taking us to Coldstone Creamery for dessert! Yes!





On the way back from Bozeman, there was a huge whiteout blizzard (every year since we have been here in Montana, there is ALWAYS a blizzard on my birthday!). It was hard getting over the pass because we couldn't see!


The night before my birthday, the Meyer family called us and said that they were on their way back from Livingston and wanted to drop my present off at our house. We were already having an early birthday party with Dan and Becky (they have bible study with us on Wednesday nights) and Uncle Paul. We asked the Meyers to join us for dinner and help us to eat cake when they arrived!!



Alison gave me a really cool horse sculpture! Thank you Alison!


We also invited the Burke family to come over and have another birthday party with us on Friday. We had Taco Soup and decorate-your-own ice cream bar.  They gave me a really cute purse with all kinds of cool stuff in it. Thank you Emma and Libby! It was really fun!




Some good friends, Mr. and Mrs. Swensen from Fleming Island, Florida stopped by to visit us on their vacation to Big Sky. They took us out to dinner to Outlaws Pizza in Gardiner and then we brought them to our house and had leftover birthday cake (round 3!).


Matilda got a bath after a big diaper blowout!


Yesterday, 11 buffalo came into the field again. They didn't damage any fences, because they came up through the river.  My Dad tried to scare them off by using some scissors! He was so close I thought he was going to give them a haircut!




The rooster wasn't afraid either!!

No comments:

Post a Comment