My Yellowstone Blog

My Yellowstone Blog

This is a collection of stories and pictures of my favorite family adventures in and around Yellowstone National Park.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Christmas!!

On Christmas morning, Bennett and Preston like to get up really early (I used to do that, but not anymore). :) We have to hold them back from rushing into the living room! Then all the family starts to come in. For Christmas, on both sides of the family, we have a cousin present exchange. I usually draw the names from a hat in November and then people have time to shop (we said that it had to be from Goodwill or a garage sale). It takes about 2 and a half minutes for everybody to rip open all of their presents because they are so excited. At the end of the day, we had a Yankee Swap Party. It was so fun! For those who don't know what Yankee Swap is, here are the rules of the game.

Mom and Dad on Christmas morning.


Tilly and me. =)


Preston got this from our Alaskan cousins, the Simes family.


Preston got a bike helmet from Mom and Dad!


One of my new hats!


Poppie got whiskey! :)



Mom, Dad, Grammie and Poppie called us to the table and then they set a gift bag in front of us......


........tickets to LEGO LAND!!!!!!! Thank you Grammie and Poppie!!


After all the wrapping paper was cleaned up.


Bennett got Harry Potter glasses, scarf and a wand. Poppie tried on his apparel!


I also gave Bennett fake teeth for Christmas because I know he hates them and gets creeped out when people wear them....Poppie tried these on, too. ;)


Mom made her world's best scrambled eggs and her HOMEMADE CINNAMON ROLLS!!!!!!


It makes you want to eat the computer screen (this is a river of cream cheese frosting)!!


On Christmas, Grammie and Poppie's Church was having an "Ugly Christmas Sweater Sunday!" I borrowed one of Grammie's sweater. =)


They had poinsettias outside of their Church. :)


Fiona had Olivia's name for Christmas, so we gave her these fluffy pink shoes. She looked so cute in them!


Lincoln gave Bennett a real bow and arrow!!


Lincoln, opening one of his presents!


Our Yankee Swap party!


Uncle Jeff and Charlotte, chillin' out. :)


Halfway through the game, Bennett ended up with a stocking holder!


Lincoln tried on Preston's helmet.


Charlotte did too!


Bennett in his uniform and the helmet.



3 comments:

  1. I do want to eat the screen! Oh my word, that looks soooo good! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma, You should really put the reicipe of food on your blog. ***Alison***

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will send it 2 u by email when I get the chance. ;) :) =)

    ~Emma~

    :)

    ReplyDelete