My Yellowstone Blog

My Yellowstone Blog

This is a collection of stories and pictures of my favorite family adventures in and around Yellowstone National Park.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Jacksonville Zoo!

A couple weeks ago, we went to the Jacksonville Zoo with Aunt Julie, Grayer, Knox and Grammie. It was a really cool zoo and it had a lot more African animals than most zoos. :)

Waiting in line for tickets.


Grayer and a big plant. :)


I think this is a Sandhill Crane.


Wild hogs:


 There were a couple birds that let down their droppings while we were walking on the boardwalk...thankfully, no one got hit!


I wouldn't want to swim in this kind of water...:)


This is a male Greater Kudu.



These are female Greater Kudus.


This Ostrich made weird face expressions while we were watching him. :)


????





This is a Black Crowned Crane.


The ostriches, hippos and birds lived in the same habitat.




I am more afraid of snakes than I am of spiders...the boys loved this exhibit! :O




The little kids loved watching this elephant.


You could feed the giraffes for $2, but we just looked at them and took pictures.



Preston, hanging off of the elephant statue.


The elephant and me. :)


The alligators...




Everybody was crying with laughter, because this monkey went number two, but caught it in his hand and then ate it!! We laughed so hard!!



Ewwww!


Flamingos!!




Preston and the penguins...



They had a playground for kids in the middle of the zoo:



No comments:

Post a Comment