My Yellowstone Blog

My Yellowstone Blog

This is a collection of stories and pictures of my favorite family adventures in and around Yellowstone National Park.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Getting Ready For Winter

Lately, we have been getting ready for winter. In Montana, winter comes a lot earlier....for example, we are expecting snow on Friday. :O A lot of tractors have been plowing their fields, too. It is really pretty to see all the hay bales out on the fields now. We had a tractor across the river in the field by Devil's Slide. Here is a link where you can read about Devil's Slide, if you are wondering. :)




We are letting our chickens free range now and they come up to the house and roam around the yard. They love to eat the bugs out of the dirt.

Daisy and Duke. ;)


Duke.


Grace and Duke.


Dad finally got the roof off of the root cellar. But now we are worried because the mud room is being held up by a log and some rocks and dirt...we call it the "Pit Of Doom". Dad is hoping that a bear will come in the dark and fall into the root cellar!!



Our Mud Room is above the root cellar and Dad is going to replace the roof.


I have been looking at comforters on Ikea.com and finally found one I loved. Fiona wanted our comforters to match, so I showed them to her and she liked them too. Since my Grandma lives in Seattle, we asked her if she could pick them up at her Ikea. She sent them to us and we love them!!

My new comforter!



Fiona's new comforter!


Mom took some pictures of us at our soccer games and also got team photos. It was a very windy day for soccer.

Dad and I watching Preston's game from the sidelines.




Preston playing in his game. He has made at least 8 goals this season!





Dad is telling us what positions we are supposed to be in.


Our team photo...we have 7 girls and 2 boys!


Me playing goalie.


Bennett playing in his game.


Bennett and Sean.


Bennett's team photo!


After all of our games, we had a picnic by the soccer fields.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma!
    I am having a photo challenge! I’d love it if you would enter!Here is the link: http://thisismyfathersworld2.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-first-photo-challenge.html
    Check it out!
    By the way love all your pictures!
    Those comforters the are really nice!
    In Christ
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete