My Yellowstone Blog

My Yellowstone Blog

This is a collection of stories and pictures of my favorite family adventures in and around Yellowstone National Park.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Indianapolis Monument

While we were staying with the MacDonald's, we took a field trip to the Monument Circle in Indianapolis. All the cousins went and we had a fun time! We climbed the Soldiers and Sailors Monument, which is a HUGE tower in the middle of the circle. You could walk up for free if you didn't use the elevator. It seemed like there were a billion steps to climb, but we made it even though we felt like we were going to faint when we reached the top. =) When you get to the top, you feel sick because of how high you are above the ground (at least I was because I am really afraid of heights). It was a really fun experience and we all had a great time!









I know, 331 steps!!


Wil and Bennett walking up the stairs to the top of the tower. :)


This picture makes me sick when I look at it, even though I took it!




When you live in Montana, you take pictures of skyscrapers. :)


The city of Indianapolis!










We walked around in the Colonel Eli Lilly Civil War Museum underneath the monument and Bennett found this box of knives in one of the displays. :)



The kids loved putting their faces in these holes to look old fashioned. :)


Macy and Wil:


Bennett and me:


Bennett, with a turkey neck...=)


Macy and Bennett as old folk:



There was an old war tent that the kids liked to play in.





Preston and Macy:


There was a Santa on a Harley riding around the Monument Circle...


...Dakota was running away after she saw this different creature! :)




Wil was running after me, trying to get a piggy back ride. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment