My Yellowstone Blog

My Yellowstone Blog

This is a collection of stories and pictures of my favorite family adventures in and around Yellowstone National Park.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bozeman Trip

On Saturday, we all got in the car and headed to Bozeman for our huge shopping spree. The sun was out and we thought Spring had FINALLY come!

 We had some friends at our driveway before we left...





The first Western Meadowlark of Spring!!!!



We usually have a "dump run" whenever we go anywhere, so we dropped off all of our trash at the dump....the boys are the "garbage men". ;)





My Dad wanted to go to a Christian Conference in Bozeman at Grace Bible Church. The Church was HUGE (compared to ours)!




After the conference, my Dad met a friend at the Mongolian Barbecue Restaurant for lunch. It was really busy!


We did our usual Costco and Wal Mart runs around town.




Mom checks the eggs to make sure that they are not cracked!!




Here is what Matilda did while we were shopping:


My Dad and Mom were given a "Famous Dave's" gift card from the Church when they helped out with the Dave Ramsey class so we went out to dinner there. It was really yummy!









Mom's favorite place to shop is Salvation Army!! She was excited because it was "50% Off Everything" day.


Dad stayed in the car and "babysat Tilly"....;)



The buffalo kept coming this week! We think some of them are pregnant. We keep hoping that one of them gives birth here on the property!

It was cool to see some of them fight!







This morning while we were eating breakfast, my Mom spotted a Coyote across the river, drinking the water. My Dad jumped up and grabbed his coat, cowboy hat and his pistol and sneakily ran across the field and hid behind the hay barrel.....the Coyote didn't see him. Then, my Dad pulled up his pistol and aimed for the Coyote. Dad shot, but he missed the Coyote because he was breathing so hard from running across the field. Plus, the Coyote was facing toward him and my Dad said it would have been better if he got a full body shot from the side..........






The boys were hoping for a Coyote skin rug...;)

1 comment:

  1. I have been catching up on you postings. I just love to check in and see all the wonderful pictures of you and your family and the Yellowstone area. I laughed at your mom's comment "Blow the stick off" because it is one of my mom's expressions and I'll bet she and your Grandma Marylou both used it and it got passed down to us. Isn't that wonderful. Tell your mom hello from Vicki and Kathy Keep up your wonderful work, I just love your news and pics.

    ReplyDelete