My Yellowstone Blog

My Yellowstone Blog

This is a collection of stories and pictures of my favorite family adventures in and around Yellowstone National Park.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bulding a Tipi

Uncle Paul loaned the boys a tipi and said they could try to put it up. So on Monday, the boys (and Dad) decided to give it a try. After they got the tripod tied, they started to pull it up, but the rope snapped. So now they have to untie all the rope and buy a new one.









Today, Jim's Septic Service came and pumped out our septic tank.  P.S. - It smelled AWFUL!


We had a spike elk visit Ginger the horse.


Yesterday, there was a baby elk right outside the boys' bedroom window. I didn't want to scare him, but he walked right up to me! I could pet him, if there wasn't a window between us!






This is the Mama elk:


Yesterday, we had a Buffalo stampede! They ran right over our fences again. My Dad had to go run out there and fix the fence while the buffalo were still in the field......:0







They got scared and swam across the river! I didn't get a picture of them crossing the river because we didn't see them, but we did get a picture of them getting out of the water.



Dad also installed some new can lights in the girls' room. They are really cool!





No comments:

Post a Comment