My Yellowstone Blog

My Yellowstone Blog

This is a collection of stories and pictures of my favorite family adventures in and around Yellowstone National Park.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Donkey Sorting!

On March 17th, we all went to Mason, TN for Donkey Sorting. Uncle Jeff thought it would be fun to take all of us down there to watch him sort donkeys. I rode with Uncle Jeff and we pulled the horse trailer. When we got there Uncle Jeff started practicing in the arena and I sat on the bleachers. While I watched everyone get ready and warmed up, a man in the arena started to sprinkle "Great Value White Flour" through the middle to represent the line that you had to pass to get points for your team. It must have been really boring to one guy, because he had time to smoke and ride!


The Coyote Run Arena in Mason, TN.


Some of the riders discussing their evening.


This man sprinkled the white flour in the middle of the arena!


Uncle Jeff and his teammates.



The arena:


Aunt Jill and Sierra watching the contest.


Some of the kids hanging off the fence.


Uncle Jeff asked me to watch Scoot Dog while he took a break. :)


Dad and Tilly watching the donkeys.


Preston found a horse shoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment