My Yellowstone Blog

My Yellowstone Blog

This is a collection of stories and pictures of my favorite family adventures in and around Yellowstone National Park.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Our Saturday Garage Sale!

On Friday (March 23rd), we helped Aunt Jill and Uncle Jeff get ready for a garage sale that we were going to have the following morning (Saturday). I priced everything (after asking Aunt Jill) and I volunteered to be her cashier, since I love that job! :) We stayed up until midnight getting everything ready and we had a really fun night....Dad played the guitar and Uncle Jeff played the banjo upstairs while Aunt Jill, Mom and I cleaned out the attic. Aunt Jill and Mom ended up balling after they found letters they wrote to each other when they were young. Then after they finished, they started to sing along with the songs that the guys were playing! We went to bed at around 1:30am and got up at 6am to be prepared for our garage sale. That's a whole 4 1/2 hours of sleep! ;)

Uncle Jeff and Dad playing their instruments.


Mom and Aunt Jill joined in...


Aunt Jill and I, the night before the garage sale...


Our customers the next morning.


I was the cashier...Sierra and Fiona helped me!


Setting up the table.


The next day, we went to Church and then we had lunch at Skimo's, the Koontzes favorite restaurant. Their favorite lunch is the grilled cheese and marshmallow sandwich!



On our way home from Skimo's, we drove the back way and Mom spied a dumpster behind the building (they both have eyes for dumpsters) with three huge garbage sacks next to a pile of shoe boxes......Aunt Jill drove to the alley where the dumpster was located and we hopped out of the car to investigate. We discovered shoe boxes full of designer shoes inside and outside the three garbage sacks. They were all size 10 which Aunt Jill, Mom and I all wear! We brought home all the shoes and started to try them on in the driveway because we were way too excited to walk 10 feet to the garage door to bring them inside. :) Aunt Jill and Mom ended up donating most of them to Goodwill. I did find some really cute high heels to wear for fun!!


My new shoes! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment