My Yellowstone Blog

My Yellowstone Blog

This is a collection of stories and pictures of my favorite family adventures in and around Yellowstone National Park.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ice skating on Cutler Lake


Yesterday, we went to Cutler Lake to go ice skating. We had tried a couple of times before, but we didn't make it because the roads were way too snowy.  We were even in our 4 wheel drive Suburban! 
My Dad and my brothers had gone out earlier in the day, (trying to get a bull elk head to put in the boy's room) and they called us and said that someone had plowed the road to Cutler Lake. They made it up the hill, although it was still a little bit icy, with my Dad's 2 wheel drive truck. So my Mom, Grandma, sister and I got in the Suburban and headed up there. We saw some antelope and mountain sheep on the way. 
We made it up to Cutler Lake safely and we had a lot of fun!  Even though it was only 10 degrees, the sun was out and it was a beautiful day.

Mom and Grandma:


The hockey team:


The Ice Girls:

Bennett...Future Hockey Star:




Dan and Becky Kurtz...The Zamboni Crew:




Team Roberts:


1 comment:

  1. Emma, That is a wonderful blog and such "cool" pictures. If I were as smart as you, I could take a few pictures and email them back to you. I'm glad your family is keeping up the tradition of skating and playing hockey on Cutler Lake. During the Christmas 2000 season, by family of bigger kids had fun skating there. Tell your Grandma, Carol that her card arrived the same day as her email and your great blog. Keep it up and keep me posted. love kathy musial

    ReplyDelete