My Yellowstone Blog

My Yellowstone Blog

This is a collection of stories and pictures of my favorite family adventures in and around Yellowstone National Park.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Yellowstone Sightings From My Living Room Window

While we were doing homeschool and learning about Ancient Roman History, we saw four Yellowstone National Park wranglers chasing a herd of Buffalo back into the Park.


Then, behind the Buffalo we saw two wolves chasing a huge herd of elk with another herd of Antelope in the middle! 


We went back to reading, when we spotted two big Bald Eagles flying over the Yellowstone River! It is pretty hard for them to see the fish under the water, because there are large ice chunks floating on the surface of the River. Electric Peak was behind them:   http://www.coolworks.com/webcams/


As I am writing, I just saw our favorite little rabbit (Thumper) running across the top of the snow. One day my Dad came home, and he had a LITTLE brown bunny rabbit in his empty lunchbox. My Mom wouldn't let him stay, because she said it has "Rabies". So, we had to throw poor little Thumper out into the field. Now, he is all grown up.


There is alot of snow on the ground and it is REALLY cold! This morning when we woke up, it was 
 -13 degrees! But right now, it is 6 degrees, which is really cold when you go outside to take a picture  with no mittens. ;) 

This is a picture of Devil's Slide which is the view from our living room window. The tractor in the foreground belongs to my Great-Grandfather.











3 comments: