My Yellowstone Blog

My Yellowstone Blog

This is a collection of stories and pictures of my favorite family adventures in and around Yellowstone National Park.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Preston's new Helicopter

For Christmas, Preston got a Construction kit. So Preston and Bennett made a helicopter together (the rotor even moves mechanically!).  It is really cool!


Just when we thought that Spring was just around the corner, it snowed about two or three inches! But it all melted away this afternoon.  I can't WAIT for Spring! Just think, Short-Sleeves and shorts...........=)

This photo shows the Yellowstone River and Devil's Slide.




Yesterday at Dinner time, I saw a goat (a pet goat with floppy ears, not a mountain goat) being chased by a herd of Elk!! At first, my Mom didn't believe me, but then she turned around and sure enough, a goat was desperately trying to run away from the elk! Poor thing!  My Mom practically shouted to us (Bennett, Preston and I) to go try to scare away the elk and bring back the goat for cheese, milk, etc. (she said that we could keep it in the chicken coop)!  I actually named it Annie on the way down to the river! So we ran down to the beach where the elk had scared it but we couldn't find the goat. But we did scare the elk into the river! P.S. - My Dad called it an "eSCAPEd goat"!  We haven't heard from any neighbors that they have lost a goat... *I don't have any pictures because we were in a hurry to chase the goat!*

No comments:

Post a Comment