My Yellowstone Blog

My Yellowstone Blog

This is a collection of stories and pictures of my favorite family adventures in and around Yellowstone National Park.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Afternoon Playground Time!

On April 19th, the day that we almost melted because it was so hot, we drove through Sonic to get slushes and ice cream after picking up the girls from school. We drove the kids down to a playground by their neighborhood and let them "blow the stink off" as my Mom says. :) When we got there, there were two ladies that were leaving and they said to us, "Watch out for the water moccasins and copperhead snakes". Well. That sure started  us off on the wrong foot. Thankfully, our visit was snake-less and we enjoyed our stay...:)

Tilly loves playgrounds!


Aunt Jill and Sierra with their slushes!


The playground:


Bennett, peeking through the pig's eye...:)


Fiona, Bennett and Dakota playing on the swings.


Sierra, climbing up the ladder.



Dakota and her blue coconut slushie!


Sierra, coming in for a landing!


"The 6 and under crowd" on the steps.


Fiona and Sierra....I don't know what they were yelling about!


On our way home, this pretty field caught my eye...


This is where Michael Oher went to school (Briarcrest Christian School featured in the movie, "The Blind Side".)


The football field he played on:


50 cents?! I'll take her! :)


The boys made this wooden aircraft!


Aunt Jill sewed covers for her foot rests...


Finished!





We tried them out that night while watching Rango!


I did the girls' hair in lots of little ponytails!




Tilly just got a bow, because I'm pretty sure that she doesn't have enough hair....:)


Grandma and I made lemon bars! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment