My Yellowstone Blog

My Yellowstone Blog

This is a collection of stories and pictures of my favorite family adventures in and around Yellowstone National Park.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My 13th Birthday!!

On April 28th, I turned 13!! It was such a fun day....my Mom and Dad (and Tilly) took me to Icing in the mall to get my ears pierced and then we walked around the mall a little bit. Then we went and had lunch at a restaurant called J. Alexander's, Aunt Jill and Uncle Jeff's favorite restaurant. It was SO good! I got their Bacon Swiss Burger and "Not Your Ordinary Mac n' Cheese". They were both the BEST!! I can't even explain what the Mac n' Cheese tasted like, all I can say is it tasted like heaven with cheese. :) It was delicious. Then we returned to Aunt Jill and Uncle Jeff's house, (they baby-sat the rest of the kids while we were gone) so we could all go to Uncle Jeff's parent's house....they have a pool in their back yard! So we had a pizza-pool party at their house. It was so fun! We swam and swam and swam until it was time for pizza and cake. We ordered my favorite pizza from Papa John's....Barbeque Chicken Pizza!! It was delicious! Then it was time for cake....Cherry Dump Cake. I have already said delicious enough, so I am going to use AMAZING, WITH A CAPITAL ZING!! It was the best birthday ever and I couldn't have asked for more! :)

April 27th, the last day that I was 12....I put my hair in my favorite curlers the night before so that it would be curly on my birthday. It worked!!


13!!


Sierra, the ballerina/cowgirl!



Caramel French Toast, a birthday breakfast must-have!!


Opening presents.....








Cheese!



The Koontz family gave me a really cute bag, Butter nail polish and sweet aviator sunglasses!!


Dad and I walking around in Macy's at the mall!


Dad visited with the lady who worked in the perfume section....:)


We went to Icing to get my ears pierced....it was so exciting!



Dad was dancing to the beat of the teenage pop music they were playing inside the store! :)


Dad brought me hats to try on while I was waiting in the chair. :)


This one was my favorite!


Dad tried on these glasses....actually they are just pieces of glass. But it still looked awesome!


Brittany was our helper and she was really nice. I picked out the earrings I wanted...the Fireball Crystal!


Making the marks on my ears. I have no idea why I was gripping the mirror with both hands....:)


I usually tend to close my eyes when I anticipate pain!


One done, one to go!


All done!


Dad and I in Charming Charlie.


Tilly tried one on too!


I found this really cute hat!


Leaving the mall...


 We went to J. Alexander's for lunch! It was INCREDIZING (Incredible & Amazing)!


Tilly enjoyed it too....:)


Before I inhaled the whole plate (actually just the food, not the plate)!


Dad and Mom with their piles of food!


My mouth didn't even fit around the Bacon and Swiss Burger!


It was delicious, as you can see!


The best restaurant in Tennessee!


The amazing Pool Pizza Party.....

The Koontz family chilaxing on the side of the pool!


Bennett and Preston with their inflatable entertainment systems!


Tilly and I on our inflatable lounge chair!


Mom and Dad on the porch.


Ricky, Dad and Steve pool-side.


Sierra by the edge!


Dakota the mermaid!



Mom and Aunt Jill took teen portraits of me...:)



Whenever there are pretty flowers around, I just have to take pictures of them!!


This butterfly landed right on the flower.





Aunt Mauray sent us Silly Straws....the kids loved them! :)




Pizza!!


My Mom made Cherry Dump Cake!!!! It was awesome!



Light the thirteen candles!



Make a wish (I don't even remember what I wished for)!



Yum!



More portraits...



The last day in Tennessee....:'(


Fare-thee-well! :(


2 comments:

  1. I just got my ears pierced @ Icing, too!
    I did in in like January, and I don't know why I waited so long. I love wearing earrings now! My challenge is to find ones that can go in the pool.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happpy Late Birthday! I love your dress, super cute! I can't believe how big Matilda is! She's not a baby anymore! Tell everyone I said hi! =)
    Megan

    ReplyDelete